MUNCIE, Ind. — New snowfall experienced pretty a lot ended by Friday early morning, but Delaware County’s Travel Advisory remained at Stage 2 as crews from the town, county and point out continued to work to very clear streets of snow and Ice.
Muncie City Corridor was delaying its opening for small business right up until 10 a.m. Friday. Mayor Dan Ridenour stated a relentless effort and hard work by the metropolis avenue department, the Muncie Sanitary District and other metropolis personnel made it doable for the metropolis to do the public’s business with the two-hour hold off.
The Delaware County Setting up is shut Friday.
Other closures and cancellations in Muncie and bordering places are continuing Friday.
Ship announcements of regional temperature-connected closures to [email protected].
The pursuing educational facilities have declared developing closures for Friday:
Blackford County Schools
Closed for “a very good old fashioned snow working day” (no e-understanding)
Blue River Valley Colleges
Charles A. Beard Universities
Cowan Neighborhood Universities
Daleville Local community Schools
Delaware Community Universities
E-finding out Friday
Monroe Central Educational institutions
Digital studying Friday
Muncie Local community Faculties
New Castle Community Schools
Randolph Eastern Educational facilities
Saint Michael Catholic School
Union University Corp.
Wes-Del Neighborhood Educational facilities
Shut Friday for a snow day (no e-discovering)
Yorktown Group Schools
Ball Point out University
The Ball Condition campus will remain closed until eventually 7 a.m. Saturday, with classes held on line for the duration of the closure. Click listed here for much more aspects.
Ivy Tech Neighborhood Faculty, Muncie area
Digital lessons on Friday. Monitor campus email and IvyLearn for additional information and facts.
- Eastbrook women basketball sectional semifinals (featuring Winchester and Blackford), is postponed to 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 5. The championship will be at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8.
- Ladies swimming sectional prelims at Jay County are postponed to 5:30 p.m. Friday, Feb. 4.
- Monroe Central v. Frankton ladies basketball sectional semifinal sport at Lapel scheduled for Friday is postponed to Saturday.
- Blackford at Anderson boys varsity basketball recreation that was scheduled for Thursday is postponed to Saturday.
- Pendleton Heights at Yorktown boys varsity basketball game that was scheduled for Thursday is postponed to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 5.
- Wapahani at Cowan boys varsity basketball activity that was scheduled for Thursday is postponed to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 9.
- Ft. Wayne Luers at New Castle boys varsity basketball recreation that was scheduled for Friday is cancelled.
Other closures or timetable improvements
- Muncie City Hall will open on a 2-hour delay Friday.
- Delaware County offices will be closed Friday.
- Muncie Sanitary District is working Friday’s trash selection routes as typical. All other MSD places of work will open at 9 a.m.
- All Open up Door Health Expert services spots in Muncie and Anderson will be closed Friday, Feb. 4. The Group COVID-19 testing web-site on East 29th Street in Muncie and the Local community COVID-19 vaccination website at 333 S. Madison St. are closed Friday. WIC appointments are obtainable by cell phone shoppers will be contacted. Patients with appointments will be contacted to reschedule. Patients contacting Open up Door in the course of closure will have entry to the answering support to connect with an on-phone supplier.
- The Christian Ministries business and food pantry will stay closed on Friday, Feb. 4. The Men’s Crisis Sleeping Area will keep open.
- All Ross Community Center classes and functions which include the community current market are canceled for Friday.
- Minnetrista is delaying its opening until eventually noon Friday.
- Cornerstone Middle for the Arts will be closed Friday, Feb, 4.
- The Boys & Girls Golf equipment of Muncie are watching the highway ailments and snowfall and will figure out by 10 a.m. Friday about perhaps opening for afternoon programming.
- All Jay County non-crisis offices will be shut Friday.
- All Henry County workplaces will be closed Friday.
Remain Educated AND Aid Local JOURNALISM: Subscribe nowadays working with the link at the prime of this web page.