Curiosity in on the internet training grows in the EU – Merchandise Eurostat News
Doing on the internet programs is a convenient way to discover a thing new or to deepen your understanding in a unique subject, for case in point bettering your language competencies, increasing your skilled qualifications or only learning a little something new for exciting. For the duration of the pandemic, people today have been encouraged to limit social contacts and so on the internet classes provide a safe and sound option for education and learning and instruction.
In 2021, 27% of men and women aged 16 to 74 in the EU described that they did an online course or made use of on the web understanding substance in the very last 3 months prior to the study, a 4 share details (pp) improve compared with 23% in 2020.
In 2021, among all EU Member States, Eire had the greatest share (46%) of men and women aged 16 to 74 executing an on line class or utilizing on-line understanding content. Finland and Sweden both registered a share of 45%, adopted by the Netherlands with 44%.
At the other finish of the scale, executing on-line courses or utilizing on-line learning substance was not quite frequent in Romania (10%), Bulgaria (12%), and Croatia (18%).
Compared with 2019 right before the pandemic, the share of people today accomplishing on-line classes or using on line learning content improved in all Member States, besides for Romania the place it decreased (-4pp) to 10%. Amid the sharpest boosts have been the Netherlands (+21pp), adopted by Luxembourg and Slovenia (equally +19pp), and Greece (+18pp).
Resource dataset: isoc_ci_ac_i
In the EU, youthful individuals aged 16 to 24 have taken much more to online discovering than the common grownup inhabitants. In 2021, 39% of young individuals described performing an online training course and 49% utilized on the web understanding materials, compared with 23% and 27% among grownups aged 25 to 34, and 20% and 23% amongst grownups aged 35 to 44. The shares continue on on a downward pattern as age will increase, hitting the cheapest stage amid more mature folks (aged 65 to 74), wherever 3% did an on the internet study course and 4% employed on-line discovering content.
Source dataset: isoc_ci_ac_i
This news item marks the International Day of Training, celebrated on 24 January.
For more info:
- The facts in this article are based on the annual study on the use of ICT in households and by folks. The effects higher than refer to individuals’ experiences in the course of the very last 3 months prior to the survey, i.e. the 1st quarter of 2021.
- As 2021 knowledge for Italy are not nevertheless readily available, the EU aggregates for 2021 have been approximated.
- Online system refers to a training course (planned collection of learning activities in a certain subject matter or topic) made available entirely or partly on the net and ensuing in a qualification or certificate of attendance.
- Utilizing online learning materials refers to the use of instructional materials (other than an on the internet class) on any topic or subject obtainable on the internet or in a digital format for educational, professional or non-public needs (e.g. audio-visual resources, on-line studying program, electronic textbooks, studying applications).
- Eurostat database on digital financial system and society
- Eurostat devoted area on electronic economic climate and modern society
To contact us, make sure you take a look at our Person Help web page.
For press queries, remember to make contact with our Media Aid.