HIV/AIDS Subject Matter Expert – Zambia – Zambia
The USAID/Zambia Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Platform (Z-MELP) Activity, implemented by SoCha LLC, began work on June 8, 2020, and will continue until June 7, 2025. The purpose of Z-MELP is to improve program performance management and efficiency at all levels, to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make improved informed strategic and management decisions around program implementation, and advance Agency learning.
Z-MELP provides the Mission access to technical and advisory services to design and carry out specialized multiple, third-party monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) tasks that support Program Cycle implementation. Through Z-MELP, the Mission will achieve efficient MEL functions to enhance data-driven decision-making and strategic steering of the Mission’s Country Strategy.
** Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position**
Scope of Work:
Z-MELP is looking to recruit a subject matter expert (SME) for an anticipated evaluation of a large-scale USAID/Zambia Health Activity focused on providing a multidisciplinary approach to support HIV epidemic control. This position is contingent on donor approval and funding. The evaluation expected to run from December 2022 to April 2023 and the total estimated Level of Effort for the SME is anticipated to be 45 days.
- Assist the Evaluation Team Leader in identifying and analyzing data relevant to the evaluation research questions as laid out in the Scope of Work (SOW).
- Provide contextually relevant information on HIV/AIDS epidemic control in Zambia.
- Participate in the development and revision of evaluation data collection instruments.
- In consultation with evaluation specialists, coordinate and conduct data collection efforts including conducting key informant interviews with key stakeholders. Key stakeholders may include government officials, health staff and leadership, local leaders, CSO and Community Based Volunteers representatives.
- Analyze data and contribute to report writing.
- Support the development and delivery of the evaluation presentation.
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and other team members.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of expertise in direct HIV service delivery and technical assistance programs aimed at reducing HIV mortality, morbidity, and transmission.
- High-level expertise in the current status, challenges, and opportunities in HIV/AIDS epidemic control in Zambia; in-depth knowledge of local strategies and programming aimed at combatting HIV/AIDS.
- Experience in programming and technical approaches integrating improving nutrition outcomes and family planning to HIV/AIDS prevention and case management.
- Experience in facilitating In-depth Interviews/Key Informant Interviews required.
- Experience in leading USAID funded evaluations desirable, but not required.
- Demonstrated thought leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Experience with USAID/Zambia funded programs preferred.
- Master’s Degree/MD/PhD preferred but not required.
How to apply
To apply, please upload your CV via the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/hiv-aids-subject-matter-expert-zambia/11/17/2022/
Applications close on December 15, 2022. Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis and a suitable candidate may be selected before the closing date.